The LA Storage is a full service storage facility in an Award Winning state of the art, temperature controlled warehouse located in Los Angeles, California. The LA Storage stores personal goods, commercial, furniture, safes, pianos, art, antiques and electronics in secure vaults and containers that are sealed for only your use. We ensure that your property is kept secure, with multiple cameras and top of the line alarm system. Call THE LA STORAGE today at (818) 641-1695 to get started.
THE LA STORAGE - Award Winning Facility
We will exceed all of your Storage Needs.
Multiple Storage Options
For long or short term, we cost less than any store it yourself chain.
THE LA STORAGE offers you a myriad of secure options for possessions and storage. There is no limit on size you want stored with us, short or long term. You can access your storage any time during business hours, we ask that you provide us with 24 hours advance notice. THE LA STORAGE also provides pick up and delivery to and from your storage here in Los Angeles. And monthly rentals can be arranged by contacting us. Please do not hesitate to contact us for any questions you might have about storage, moving your storage, or any aspect of moving or storage. Call THE LA STORAGE today at (818) 641-1695 to get started.
Packing and Storage Tips
donâ€™t have to be a space you visit once or twice a
year to dig something out of a stack of boxes. They can be highly
organized, easily accessible spaces that free up necessary space in
your home or office. To get the most out of them, though, it is best to
plan ahead before you start loading up the truck. Here are steps to
help you plan:
Step 1: Plan What You Will Store
- Start by identifying items that will be packed in boxes and stacked.
- Prioritize boxed items you will want to access most frequently (theyâ€™ll go closer to the front of the unit).
- Group by fragility or weight â€“ heavier, sturdier items should be stored on the bottom of stacked items, fragile items on top.
- Consider awkwardly-sized items that wonâ€™t stack well, including how often you will need to use them, and how heavy they are.
Step 2: Choose the Right Size Unit
- Nobody wants to pay for storage they donâ€™t need. But a little extra space makes moving around within the unit much easier. It also gives you room to add those unplanned items that always seem to pop up.
- Storage facility managers can be quite helpful in determining how much space you will need. The Extra Space Virtual Storage Unit Selector is also helpful in calculating size requirements.
Step 3: Organize and Pack Your Items with a Plan in Mind
- Organizing and efficiently packing your items will take time and concentration. However, the up-front effort will be well worth it when youâ€™re able to easily unload and organize your items at the storage unit. Here are some tips for packing:
- Invest in Supplies
- Use boxes, not plastic bags. Boxes are sturdier and stack well, taking up less space. Many moving companies require that goods be packed in boxes for transport. Also, sealed plastic bags can trap humidity which can cause damaging mildew.
- Invest in good quality, sturdy boxes and packing materials. Boxes should be sturdy enough to hold up for years under the weight of the stack. You may be tempted to get boxes for free from supermarkets and liquor stores; however, the mismatched shapes and sizes will impede your ability to organize most effectively. You can buy standard-sized boxes and specialty boxes for items such as TVs, videotapes and pictures.
- For wrapping breakables, paper will do, but bubble wrap can be used repeatedly, is cleaner, and because it is transparent, makes identifying contents easier.
- Most people end up needing more tape than they thought they would when packing. Your self-storage manager can help you estimate how much tape youâ€™ll need for the number of boxes youâ€™ll be packing. Some places sell tape that is pre-labeled.
- For your convenience, packing supplies such as boxes, bubble wrap and tape are available for purchase at the storage facility.
The LA STORAGE is an award winning state of the art secure facility, with climate control storage. If you are downsizing during your move, we offer a free month for the first month of your moving storage. We offer supplies, from storage boxes, tape, padding, as well as offering vehicle, document, car, portable storage where we deliver door to door to you, and your own personal storage room. Whatever your needs, THE LA STORAGE will be happy to serve your needs.
THE LA STORAGE